WITH FULL STOP SYSTEM YOU CAN REDUCE OR ELIMINATE THE MAGNITUDE DOMINO EFFECTS OR TO MINIMISE THE RELEASE OF HAZARDOUS PRODUCTS DURING LOADING AND UNLOADING OPERATION IN CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES
With the term Domino Effect we intend the propagation of a primary accident (fire or explosion of flammable solvents), generating a secondary scenario on other tanks, with a consequent increase of damage areas ,for example a pool fire of a flammable liquid during loading and unloading truck operation,can involve another storage tank or truck containing flammable liquid or toxic products ,with the generation of a secondary fire or Jet-Fire.
In Italy the interest of Public Authorities on Domino effects is very high,particularly while preparing Territorial Integrated Contingency Plans.
The real origin of Domino Effect should be searched in correct process and plant design,in facts a correct design should involve in each phase a detailed Risk Analysis to:
- Identify the possibility of accidents and a consequent domino effects and than
- Design control system, technical or procedural solutions,special hardware solution to prevent the Domino Effects.
A correct risk analysis has to:
- Evaluate all initiator causes ( leackage of threaded hose fittings or burst of flexible tube,etc.)
- Identify all preventive actions to interrupt the accident sequences(alarms,block systems)
- Introduce a first protection level to reduce the released quantity and therefore reduce the magnitude of the primary scenario (FULL STOP SYSTEM);
- Introduce a second protective system to contrast the effect of the accident in order to avoid the Domino effect.
We have developed an innovative blocking system for loading and unloading tanker that contain flammable substances. We developed an anti-shedding device in tanker loading/unloading operations that allow a quick response with valves closing in emergency within seconds.
Our device has three levels of security:
- In case of fire it automatically closes valves and stops the pump
- In case the truck unintentionally moves, automatically closes valves and stops the pump
- In case of liquid shedding, the operator may close valves and stop pumps from remote position
Features & Benefits
- Minimises the possibility of fire
- Very quick response to the accident (few seconds)
- Interrupts the accident and reduce the released liquid
- Avoids Domino Effect
- Minimises the chance of release of hazardous products to threaten health, safety or the environment
- Improve the degree of safety and reduce the extension of the critical areas (Fire hazard analysis) because it reduces the Fire Load.